Sedona Waterproofing wants to ensure everyone remains safe this and every other hurricane season. Here are some simple guidelines you and your family can follow to be prepared.
With the 2018 hurricane season hopefully winding down, we look back and think of how preparing ahead of time can make the difference when it comes to the safety and comfort of you and your family.
Check out these storm prep guidelines to help you get started:
• Take all precautions to protect your property. Your roof, doors and windows are the three main areas to protect.
• Check your insurance coverage. Review and understand your policy.
• Create or restock your family emergency kit. This means you should have food supplies and water for at least 72 hours to sustain each family member. Your kit should include
supplies such :
-battery powered radio
-a first aid kit
-a battery back up
-a can opener
• Turn off and unplug electrical appliances like your television, computer and microwave.
• Be sure to store important documents such as birth certificates, passports and insurance policies in a waterproof container or bags.
• Fill up bathtubs with water to be used for flushing toilets and other uses.
• Have warm dry clothing and shoes
• Keep pets inside and store an emergency kit—with items such as pet food, bottled water, medical records, a blanket, a flashlight and leashes
• Children can often get restless quickly. Keeping them occupied with board games and interactive games such as ‘I Spy’ and the alphabet game
• To cater for storms can may last several days, having food supplies that are non perishables such as canned food and bottled water is important. If you have an infant, you should include formula, baby foods, bottles,
baby wipes, and medications.
Sedona Waterproofing wants to ensure that you and your family remain safe during these times. Your property is a lifetime investment and we want you to protect it.
In the event that your crawl space had been flooded, you can call in the experts at Sedona and we can get your crawl space as dry as a desert once more. With our emergency services, our qualified technicians are available 24/7. A dry crawl space means prevention of moisture that can lead to musty odors, hazardous mold and pests and insect infestation.
Contact us to find out more!